October 21, 2008

Mondaymoody

Am I the only one who walks through a store, randomly touching and trying on knitted items while constantly thinking "...I could knit this" ?
The next dress I saw a few weeks ago, it cost about $130, while it's really just a simple dress. There's this cable in the front, some ribbing and stockinette and a real big cowl. I guess the thing that made it was the material used; 100% angora. Ow, and the brand offcourse.

So, I thought "...I could really knit this"! That is why I ordered this:

Orkney's St.Magnus, made of 50% merino wool and 50% angora, ordered at this shop, to make this;


Supertrash Better Tunicdress (dutch shop). Don't you just hate those strangely shaped wristwarmers. They remind me of those plastic sheets that keep the shafts of boots straight up in shops.Can't imagine that's the look they were after though.

What I also found while searching for really expensive knitted items that I could knit, just for the sport of it, was this quilt which was knotted instead of quilted. The colourpallette has a really autumny feel to it, it's beautiful. Also, I could make it, naturally.

No comments: